Learn how To Moonwalk like the King, Michael Jackson
The following guide gives you a step by step routine for how to moonwalk. Follow it, practice it and enjoy your new moves.
1. Start with your feet together and ensure that there is plenty of room around you.
2. Now lets take the right leg and lift up the heal so the ball of your foot is still on the ground. This will force you right knee to bend slightly which is good, but make sure your left leg stays straight.
3. Bring the right foot back slighty so the ball is in line with the heal of your left foot. This is your starting postion for the moonwalk.
4. Now you need to transfer all the weight of your body on to the ball of that right foot. Remember to keep your left leg straight and foot flat on the floor.
5. Push your left leg back whilst keeping your foot on the floor. When you do this the weight remains on the front, right leg. Your legs should now be in the starting position but spread out.
6. You now transfer the weight from your right foot to the left. Before you do this the left foot will be flat and as you transfer the weight your left foot ends up on the ball, and your right foot returning to a flat position. When practicing this step of the moonwalk try and do it with a snap effect. This is the move that will make your moonwalk look effective, but be carefull not to hurt your knees by snapping to hard.
7. Next drag your right leg back, keeping your foot flat on the ground, until your right toes are just past your left heal.
8. Transfer the weight back onto the right foot in reverse to step 6. You should now be back at the starting position and have completed one whole cycle of the moonwalk.
Making your moonwalk effective.
There are several things to keep in mind when doing the moonwalk. You need to keep your moves sharp. Practice the moves in steps and repeat single steps to ensure you can do it probably. When you are happy you have conquered a step move on to the next, do the same, then link them up.
Keep the foot flat on the floor when dragging the foot back.
Get the snap down to a tee.
Your upper body will help alot to the effect. Keep you back straight and lean slightly as you pull your foot back.
You can also roll you shoulders when you are confident with the steps. Play around until you get your own style that you’re happy with.
Practice is deffinitly the key to making the moonwalk work.
About the Author
Michael Jackson is the true King of Pop and although his deaf on 25th June 2009 has shocked the world his legacy will survive forever. To read more about Michael Jackson then visit my blog. How To Moonwalk like Michael Jackson